Nick Markakis

Atlanta Braves

Hitter-At-A-Glance

Nick Markakis has seen 19,894 pitches that have been tracked by the PITCHf/x system between 2007 and 2015, including pitches seen in the MLB Regular Season, the MLB Postseason and Spring Training.

In 2015:
Against All Fastballs (553 seen), he has had a poor eye (0.86 d'; 57% swing rate at pitches in the zone vs. 24% swing rate at pitches out of the zone) and a very patient approach at the plate (0.26 c) with a league average likelihood to swing and miss (13% whiff/swing).

Against Breaking Pitches (158 seen), he has had a poor eye (0.45 d'; 52% swing rate at pitches in the zone vs. 35% swing rate at pitches out of the zone) and a patient approach at the plate (0.17 c) with an exceptionally low likelihood to swing and miss (13% whiff/swing).

Against Offspeed Pitches (93 seen), he has had a league average eye (0.91 d'; 70% swing rate at pitches in the zone vs. 35% swing rate at pitches out of the zone) and a patient approach at the plate (-0.07 c) with an exceptionally low likelihood to swing and miss (5% whiff/swing).