Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Arizona Diamondbacks

Hitter-At-A-Glance

Jarrod Saltalamacchia has seen 10,850 pitches that have been tracked by the PITCHf/x system between 2007 and 2015, including pitches seen in the MLB Regular Season, the MLB Postseason and Spring Training.

In 2015:
Against All Fastballs (246 seen), he has had a good eye (1.15 d'; 75% swing rate at pitches in the zone vs. 31% swing rate at pitches out of the zone) and an aggressive approach at the plate (-0.09 c) with a disastrously high likelihood to swing and miss (30% whiff/swing).

Against Breaking Pitches (80 seen), he has had a good eye (0.94 d'; 67% swing rate at pitches in the zone vs. 31% swing rate at pitches out of the zone) and a steady approach at the plate (0.04 c) with an exceptionally high likelihood to swing and miss (45% whiff/swing).

Against Offspeed Pitches (50 seen), he has had a league average eye (0.90 d'; 83% swing rate at pitches in the zone vs. 53% swing rate at pitches out of the zone) and a very aggressive approach at the plate (-0.52 c) with a high likelihood to swing and miss (47% whiff/swing).