Brandon Moss

Oakland Athletics

Hitter-At-A-Glance

Brandon Moss has seen 6,333 pitches that have been tracked by the PITCHf/x system between 2007 and 2014, including pitches seen in the MLB Regular Season, the MLB Postseason and Spring Training.

In 2014:
Against All Fastballs (157 seen), he has had a poor eye (0.89 d'; 69% swing rate at pitches in the zone vs. 34% swing rate at pitches out of the zone) and an aggressive approach at the plate (-0.04 c) with a league average likelihood to swing and miss (17% whiff/swing).

Against Breaking Pitches (61 seen), he has had an exceptionally good eye (1.68 d'; 88% swing rate at pitches in the zone vs. 31% swing rate at pitches out of the zone) and an exceptionally aggressive approach at the plate (-0.36 c) with a below average likelihood to swing and miss (24% whiff/swing).

Against Offspeed Pitches (46 seen), he has had an exceptionally poor eye (0.56 d'; 67% swing rate at pitches in the zone vs. 45% swing rate at pitches out of the zone) and a steady approach at the plate (-0.15 c) with a disastrously high likelihood to swing and miss (55% whiff/swing).