Mike Trout

Los Angeles Angels

Hitter-At-A-Glance

Mike Trout has seen 9,359 pitches that have been tracked by the PITCHf/x system between 2011 and 2014, including pitches seen in the MLB Regular Season, the MLB Postseason and Spring Training.

In 2014:
Against All Fastballs (2,165 seen), he has had a league average eye (1.02 d'; 61% swing rate at pitches in the zone vs. 23% swing rate at pitches out of the zone) and a very patient approach at the plate (0.24 c) with an above average likelihood to swing and miss (19% whiff/swing).

Against Breaking Pitches (674 seen), he has had a very poor eye (0.36 d'; 43% swing rate at pitches in the zone vs. 30% swing rate at pitches out of the zone) and a very patient approach at the plate (0.35 c) with a league average likelihood to swing and miss (27% whiff/swing).

Against Offspeed Pitches (236 seen), he has had an exceptionally poor eye (0.27 d'; 55% swing rate at pitches in the zone vs. 44% swing rate at pitches out of the zone) and a very patient approach at the plate (0.01 c) with a league average likelihood to swing and miss (29% whiff/swing).